Monday, August 28, 2006

I do not need to buy....

It is the last Bank Holiday of my paid working life and at 5.45 am, yes that early, I was woken by a text message from DLG who is back in Saudi. Hmmmph!
OK I forgive her, I snuggled down to read it and realised that she was organising me from a distance - what are my short term and long term aims for this part of my life?

Errr...

So I promised to write a list. The first thing is to sort such a list out and to keep it where I can add to it as I think of suitable ideas.

The list of long term aims starts with travel while I can to places that are distant. Very vague but also very definite. I am going to learn how to speak another language too, so I have started with Spanish. Shirley and I had little conversations in the Yoirkshire Dales in Spanish, mostly followed by peals of laughter because I kept saying 'men' instead of 'I am hungry', so then of course I adapted that... you can probably guess how the silliness went!! (I just hope that no other walkers were listening.)

The short term aims are mostly to do with sorting out my little home. I have made a start by emptying all the school bags of their contents, which has led to a pile of books that need to be taken to a book bank. Before I even do that or start on the bookshelves in the spare bedroom, I am going to sort out the cupboards in the kitchen.
I have realised over the last few weeks that I am still hidebound in my habits by thinking that I am buying for a full family. Hence my shelves full of food - and also my fear that the electricity will cut off in the winter (as it used to frequently in our family home, and sometines for several days at a time.). However, that is in the past and I need to live in the present, so I am going to learn a new mantra.

I do not need to buy any tomato paste, chopped tomatoes or sun dried tamato paste. Repeat again: I do not need to buy any tomato paste, chopped tomatoes or sun dried tamato paste.

I am not going to admit how many tubes or tins of those commodities I have turned out of the cupboard. Now I need a resipe or two that will use them all up in the next few days as they are NOT being put back into the cupboard!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

You can make all sorts of things using those tomatoes like pizza, veggie soup, lasagna, spaghetti, and so on.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home