Tuesday, August 22, 2006

11 across - Of one form of tin

Ok, this is another admission that I still do anything but the stuff I ought to be doing. Retirement has not yet taken away the secretive joy of dawdling and doing things I ought not to be doing. I did visit the recycling centre this morning DLG, with bags of 'stuff', and I have started to throw away shoes (again in to the shoe recycling box) that I shall not need. Those ones that are comfy and slightly smart for work. The really glitzy ones that I know I will never wear I simply can't bear to get rid of. (Such a sad person...)

However, I have almost achieved completion of a crossword, on my own, for the first time ever. All I need is the answer to the clue above. The answer has 7 letters and is s-a-n-e Any offers of help will be gratefully received. I learnt what the work eructation means today too - great fun!

The solar recharger for batteries works wonderfully, I put the little box outside on the garden table every morning, then I have 4 AA batteries already charged by the evening. That is going to be really useful in the winter - I will explain that comment at a later date!

Now I also have time to dawdle in the shops and find all those things that I kept forgetting: like sticky hooks to hang my San Fransiscan oven mats up tidily in my kitchen. I love buying things for the kitchen when I go away on holiday so that cooking becomes an almost sentimental experience.

All of these experiences which I have not allowed myself for years, so I think I need to go and make myself another cup of tea so that I can dawdle over something else on the list of jobs to do!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

You’ve been tagged! List 5 weird things about yourself or your pets. Tag 5 friends and list them. Then, those people need to write on their blogs about 5 weird things, and state the rules, and tag 5 more people. Don’t forget to let the people you tag know by posting a comment on their blog!

It doesn’t matter if you don’t have a pet. The five weird things can be about you.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Hmmm, I have no pets, but I will try the personal bit Tami.
I like making compost.
I search out slugs at dusk to prevent them from eating my vegetables.
(Oh dear - it is a struggle to know what is weird - most people say everything!)
How about my unwillingness to give in too easily to pressures?
What about my late interest in walking and camping?
My wish to find something humorous in most things?

I feel a bit like a geek now....

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, are you sure of those letters?

The only thing I can find that fits via http://www.morewords.com/ is slainte - but that means "good health" (it's a toast), not a form of tin...

Let me know if you work out what it is, won't you!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

tannic? I got your message after I had thrown away the paper with the answer in, but I seem to remember it was taht word!

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TANNIC?! You said it started s-a-n-e!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Did I?!! Ooops!

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home