Saturday, August 26, 2006

Laughter is the best medicine.

In amongst all the newspaper articles I have read this week, was one about laughter being excellent medicine. I agree with this, having always found a good laugh makes me feel so much more positive about life.

I am not in need of any medicine at the moment, but in amongst all the other things I have been doing (To avoid the sorting out of many years' junk) is reading Kate Adie's book, 'The Kindness of Strangers'. This book has made me roar with laughter at the oddest occasions that she writes about. DLG - if you can get hold of a copy of this, do read it. Especially page 204 where she describes buying some shoes in Beirut. There is an experience for you!
What a life she has led, I envy her the wide circle of acquaintances she has made in her work. Perhaps this is something that I could add to my list of changes to my lifestyle since retiring. The wilds of Shropshire will not make that very easy, but it is something I can work on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home